This is just a two-line program but to convert it to GUI YouTube Video Downloader is a bit longer still, this program of GUI YouTube Video Downloader is less than 25 lines.
But still, if you want that two-line program then click here.
We have explained this program in every line to make it understand easily for you.
We have created two entry widgets, one to ask the user to enter the URL or link of a YouTube video and the other to add that link.
Then, we have called the download function using the “Download Video” button.
You can download the pytube module using
"pip install pytube" but if this gives you the error then you should try
"pip install pytube3" inside your terminal.
Now, let’s see the code and understand.
# importing tkinter from tkinter import * # importing YouTube module from pytube import YouTube # initializing tkinter root = Tk() # setting the geometry of the GUI root.geometry("400x350") # setting the title of the GUI root.title("Youtube video downloader application") # defining download function def download(): # using try and except to execute program without errors try: myVar.set("Downloading...") root.update() YouTube(link.get()).streams.first().download() link.set("Video downloaded successfully") except Exception as e: myVar.set("Mistake") root.update() link.set("Enter correct link") # created the Label widget to welcome user Label(root, text="Welcome to youtube\nDownloader Application", font="Consolas 15 bold").pack() # declaring StringVar type variable myVar = StringVar() # setting the default text to myVar myVar.set("Enter the link below") # created the Entry widget to ask user to enter the url Entry(root, textvariable=myVar, width=40).pack(pady=10) # declaring StringVar type variable link = StringVar() # created the Entry widget to get the link Entry(root, textvariable=link, width=40).pack(pady=10) # created and called the download function to download video Button(root, text="Download video", command=download).pack() # running the mainloop root.mainloop()
- Top 25 Pattern Programs in C++In this article, I will show you the Top 25 Pattern Programs in C++ that you must learn which will help you to understand the usage of nested loops. We will learn to create different geometrical shapes like Squares, triangles, Rhombus, etc. We have provided the code as well as output for all the patterns…
- Currency Converter in C++In this article, we will build a simple program for Currency Converter in C++. The user will be able to convert currencies like Dollar, Euro, Pound, and Rupee. This is a console application and very simple to understand as we only use a bunch of conditionals to write the entire program. Features Users can convert…
- SQLite | CRUD Operations in PythonCRUD stands for Create Read Update Delete. I will show you how to perform CRUD Operations in Python. You need basic Tkinter and SQLite knowledge before you read further. This app is straightforward, when you will open this app, a GUI with 4 green colored buttons will open to perform CRUD(create read update delete) operations….
- Number Guessing Game in C++In this article, we will build a simple Number Guessing Game in C++. It’s a game in which the player has to guess a secret number in a range that is generated by the computer and upon a wrong guess by the player, the game will give hints to the player to guess the correct…
- Image background remover in PythonHello friends, in this article, we will learn how to create an Image background remover in Python. I will first show you a simple program and then you will see a smile GUI made using tkinter. We need to install rembg, you can install rembg using the pip command: Image background remover in Python program…