To create GUI Calendar Using Python, we will need to import two Python modules one for creating GUI and another to get year data.
For GUI we will use
"tkinter module" because it’s very easy to learn and use.
And to get any year data we will use
Here, we are making a very simple and short program, but you can make this GUI application more user friendly like you can add entry widgets to get the year during the run time and show the specific year’s calendar by clicking on a button.
In case, you don’t know how to create your GUI application more friendly or how to add more functionalities to your GUI application then we recommend you our other tutorials like– Tkinter Login GUI with hiding password, GUI Calculator Using tkinter, Password Generator Application In Python, and Creating User-defined Entry Widgets.
We have clearly explained everything about adding buttons, attaching functions to buttons, adding text variables to entry widgets and many more.
Also, don’t forget to watch the short video which we have attached at the end of this page.
So now, let’s start and see the code.
We will understand the code line-by-line using comments.
You can copy the source code using the copy button below this line at the right side.
# importing tkinter from tkinter import * # importing calendar module import calendar # initializing tkinter root = Tk() # setting title of our Gui root.title("My Own Gui Calendar") # year for which we want the calendar to be shown on our Gui year = 2020 # storing 2020 year calendar data inside myCal myCal = calendar.calendar(year) # showing calendar data using label widget cal_year = Label(root, text=myCal, font="Consolas 10 bold") # packing the Label widget cal_year.pack() # running the program in ready state root.mainloop()
Watch YouTube Video
- Make money with Python in 2022Did you know that data science was the fifth most common job on LinkedIn in 2017? Did you know that the demand for Python programmers is expected to grow by 19% from 2020-2021? Did you know that Python is one of the fastest-growing programming languages, and it will likely continue to expand as its adoption…
- Top 15 Python Libraries For Data Science in 2022Introduction In this informative article, we look at the most important Python Libraries For Data Science and explain how their distinct features may help you develop your data science knowledge. Python has a rich data science library environment. It’s almost impossible to cover everything in a single article. As a consequence, we’ve compiled a list…
- Top 15 Python Libraries For Machine Learning in 2022Introduction In today’s digital environment, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are getting more and more popular. Because of their growing popularity, machine learning technologies and algorithms should be mastered by IT workers. Specifically, Python machine learning libraries are what we are investigating today. We give individuals a head start on the new year…
- File Explorer in Python using TkinterIntroduction Welcome to copyassignment.com. In this tutorial, we are going to learn File Explorer in Python using the Tkinter module. What is basically a file explorer? A file explorer is nothing but an application that is used to manage certain files and folders on your device where we can open, edit, copy, delete and move…
- Drawing Application in Python TkinterIntroduction In this article, we will design and construct a basic Drawing Application in Python Tkinter GUI, where we can simply draw something on the canvas using a pencil and erase with an eraser, as well as the ability to change the thickness of a pencil and eraser. We may also modify the canvas’s background…