Jupyter Notebook or Google Collab basically supports .ipynb’s, i.e. Python NoteBook. These NoteBooks provide accessibility to the interactive Python code consisting of cell structures.
However, this .ipynb can be directly downloaded into the system or uploaded to your cloud as .ipynb. But if you are looking at how to convert ipynb to PDF, we are here with 4 easy and simple methods to convert ipynb to PDF. Let’s start.
Open your notebook and under the menu options, look for File, click Download as and look for .pdf via Latex. Remember, there will be two PDF options available, but the final extension of the downloaded file is stated in round braces beside the available options. So here, click for (.pdf) as shown below.
Next, the new tab will be opened in your browser for further processing
If you are downloading pdf for the first time from this option, there will be a lot of packages it will ask you to install, starting from this:
Install all of them, it may take 4-5 mins.
After installation, the terminal will have a success message like this:
Right after the message, your pdf will be downloaded through your notebook tab.
Here, we are downloading the pdf with nbconvert.
nbconvert is a command line tool.
Type in your cmd,
pip install nbconvert
This command will check if your system has nbconvert, if it hasn’t, the command will anyways download it.
And the following command will simply convert your ipynb to pdf.
jupyter nbconvert --to pdf filename.ipynb
The file’s location will be the same folder as your notebook.
Note: If you want to convert the notebook to .html, to make it available offline, you can run the same command, just replace pdf with html as,
jupyter nbconvert --to html filename.ipynb
Another smart way to convert IPYNB to PDF is to print the notebook and when the printing interface opens, simply save it as PDF.
This is a straightforward and smart way to convert IPYNB to PDF.
Follow the path, File->Print Preview, and preview to file
Now press Ctrl+P.
The printing interface will open up. If the printer is selected already, from the same dropdown, select Save as PDF.
Your PDF is ready.
However, if we compare PDFs with Save as PDF and through the notebook’s functions, both are readable, but one with Jupyter’s functions is slightly more zoomed and like a proper paper with filename and last modified date.
It’s very easy, open your browser, search google colab, click on the first link, upload your ipynb file, click on the file, then click on print. Click here to directly open google colab.
This method is the easiest one but the problem is that pdf generated will not look similar to the ipynb file.
Thank you, we have successfully completed all methods to convert ipynb to pdf.
- The system of the binary conversion
- What is web development for beginners?
- Guide to Proxy Servers: How They Work and Why You Need Them?
- Python | Check Armstrong Number using for loop
- Python | Factorial of a number using for loop
- Link in bio
- Microsoft Giving Free Machine Learning Course: Enroll Now
- Accenture Giving Free Developer Certificate in 2023
- Python | Asking the user for input until they give a valid response
- Python | How to iterate through two lists in parallel?
- Amazon Summer Internship 2023
- Python | How to sort a dictionary by value?
- Amazon Giving Free Machine Learning Course with Certificate: Enroll Now
- Google Summer Internship 2023
- Python | How to split a list into equally-sized chunks?
- 5 Secret ChatGPT skills to make money
- Python | Remove items from a list while iterating
- Free Google Certification Courses
- 5 AI tools for coders better than ChatGPT
- Python | How to get dictionary keys as a list
- New secrets to Earn money with Python in 2023
- Flower classification using CNN
- How to represent Enum in Python?
- 5 methods | Flatten a list of lists | Convert nested list into a single list in Python
- What does if __name__ == __main__ do in Python?
- Music Recommendation System in Machine Learning
- Brick Breaker Game in C++
- Dino Game in Java
- Java Games Code | Copy And Paste
- How to utilize ChatGPT to improve your coding skills?