In this article, we are going to learn about Sequel Programming Languages(SQL). Big enterprises like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, use SQL for storing the data in the back-end. So, If you want to get a job in the field of data, then it is the most important query language to learn. Before getting started, let me clarify that all these are the same-> SQL, sequel programming languages, sequel coding language, sequel computer language, sequel database language, etc. The sequel is a pronounced word for SQL i.e. while speaking SQL, people say sequel. Let’s get started!
What is Sequel Programming Language?
Sequel (Structured English Query Language) or Structured Query Language(SQL) is a language designed for managing data stored in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS).
A database is a collection of data. SQL is a language designed for accessing, modifying, and extracting information from databases. SQL lets you perform CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update or Delete) operations on a database. It is mainly useful in handling structured data, that is data incorporating relations among entities and variables.
Database Management System(DBMS) is a software interface between the database and end-user responsible for authentication, concurrency, logging, backup, optimization, etc. Some of the examples of most common Relational DBMS are as follows
- MySql – OpenSource
- SQL Server – Microsoft
- Oracle – IBM
- PostgreSQL – OpenSource
Sub languages Of Structured Query Language(SQL)
SQL consists of many types of statements, which may be informally classed as sub-languages, commonly, Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Query Language(DQL), Data Control Language (DCL), and Transaction Control Language(TCL).
- Data Definition Language (DDL) commands are also called data definition commands because they are used to define data tables.
- Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands are used to manipulate data in existing tables by adding, changing, or removing data. Unlike DDL commands that define how data is stored, DML commands operate in the tables defined with DDL commands.
- Data Query Language(DQL) consists of just one command, SELECT, used to get specific data from tables. This command is sometimes grouped with the DML commands.
- Data Control Language(DCL) commands are used to grant or revoke user access privileges.
- Transaction Control Language(TCL) commands are used to change the state of some data. For example, to COMMIT transaction changes or to ROLLBACK transaction changes.
Features of Sequel Programming Language or Structured Query language
Here are important reasons for using Sequel Programming Languages
- SQL allows data professionals and users to access and retrieve the data from the relational database management systems.
- The basic use of SQL for data professionals and SQL users is to insert, update, and delete the data from the relational database.
- It also helps them to describe the structured data. It allows you to define the data in a database and manipulate that specific data.
- It also helps in creating the view, stored procedure, and functions in the relational database.
- It also allows SQL users to set permissions or constraints on table columns, views, and stored procedures.
Process of SQL(Sequel Coding Language)
When we are executing the command of SQL on any Relational database management system, then the system automatically finds the best routine to carry out our request, and the SQL engine determines how to interpret that particular command. Structured Query Language contains the following four components in its process:
- Query Dispatcher
- Optimization Engines
- Classic Query Engine
- SQL Query Engine
A classic query engine allows data professionals and users to maintain non-SQL queries. The architecture of SQL or Structured Query Language is shown in the following diagram
Applications Of Sequel Programming Languages
The sequel computer language(SQL) is being utilized in many applications around the world. From the phone’s social networks to computer applications, tech bits utilize SQL in some form. Some of the applications of Sequel Programming Languages are
- Music applications such as Pandora and Spotify also use SQL databases.
- It is extensively used as a Client/Server language to connect the front-end with the back-end thus supporting the client/server architecture
- Online video streaming apps, like Hulu, Netflix, etc., use databases to track which television shows and movies are available and your viewing interests and preferences.
- Banking systems and payment processors, such as Stripe, store and run data about financial transactions and consumers in the finance industry.
- It can also be used in the three-tier architecture of a client, an application server, and a database that defines the Internet architecture.
- It is used for apps like Snapchat and Instagram to maintain a user’s profile data.
How To Use Structured Query Language(SQL)?
The scope of SQL includes data query, data manipulation (insert, update and delete), data definition (schema creation and modification), and data access control. Although SQL is essentially a declarative language, it also includes procedural elements. Most SQL commands are used with operators to modify or reduce the scope of data operated on by the statement. Some commonly used SQL commands are as follows
These SQL statements can use loops, variables, and other components of a programming language to update records based on different criteria.
CREATE STATEMENT – The CREATE command is used to create a new SQL database or SQL table. Most versions of SQL create a new database by creating a new directory, in which tables and other database objects are stored as files.
SELECT – This command helps in accessing the single or multiple rows from one or multiple tables of the database. We can also use this command with the WHERE clause.
INSERT – This command helps in inserting the data or records into the database tables. We can easily insert the records in single as well as multiple rows of the table.
UPDATE – This command is used to make changes to rows or records in a specific table.
DELETE – This command helps in removing or erasing the saved records from the database tables. It erases single or multiple tuples from the tables of the database.
DROP– Deop command helps in deleting the entire table, table view, and other objects from the database.
Advantages of Sequel Programming Language
- The SQL language helps in making multiple views of the database structure for the different database users. This helps to achieve abstraction.
- The structured query language can be easily used on desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and even smartphones. It can also be used with other applications according to the user’s requirements.
- SQL follows the long-established standards of ISO and ANSI, which offer a uniform platform across the globe to all its users
- We can easily learn and understand the SQL language. Also, SQL or Structured Query Language is a user-friendly language.
- We can also use this language for communicating with the database because it is a simple query language. This language is also used for receiving the answers to complex queries in a few seconds.
Jobs That Require Structure Query Language
SQL is an easy-to-learn language specifically designed to work with databases. There is a growing demand for professionals who can handle sequel database language. Almost every big company uses SQL. It is widely used in various sectors like ticket booking, banking, social media platforms, data sharing, eCommerce, etc., so there are vast opportunities available for the SQL developer.
Some of the roles that can benefit from SQL experience include the following:
- Data scientists
- Database administrators
- Back end developers
- Data warehouse architects
- Database programmers
- Business intelligence analysts
- Data analysts
- Cloud engineers
In this article, we have discussed SQL concepts. Sequel programming languages are used in multiple industries to save the database. Therefore, it is beneficial to use and learn SQL to become a developer. Hope you find this article useful. Thanks for reading!
- Pong Game in Java
- Puzzle Game in Python
- Hospital Management System Project in Java
- Attendance Management System Project In Java
- How did Python help in Black Hole Discovery?
- Hyphenate Letters in Python
- Ludo Game in Java
- Python Numpy Min
- Draw Goku in Python Turtle
- Medical Store Management System Project in Python
- Restaurant Management System Project in Java
- Flappy Bird Game in Java
- Draw Mickey Mouse in Python Turtle
- Creating Dino Game in Python
- HackerRank Day 9 Solution in Python: Recursion
- HackerRank Day 8 Solution in Python: Dictionaries and Maps
- HackerRank Day 7 Solution in Python: Arrays
- ATM Simulator In Java
- Tic Tac Toe Game in Python
- Brick Breaker Game in Java
- HackerRank Day 6 Solution in Python: Let’s review
- HackerRank Day 5 Solution in Python: Loops