We all know that Python is a vast language that supports many libraries for almost every work we need to do. But, we should also practice OOP concepts in Python as these are the fundamental needs of industry-level projects. We should create Python OOP projects to get our hands dirty with Python OOP concepts. Today we will explore the most famous Python projects which can be developed with Python OOP concepts. But, before that, let’s get a brief introduction to OOP concepts in Python.
What is OOP?
OOP or object-oriented programming is a computer science model that revolves around the use of objects as basic entities in a program. The aim of OOP is that the data should not be accessible from outside the designated functions and also to reduce redundant or duplicate codes and provide an easy to use and simple interface for the users. OOP consists of Object, Class, Methods, and the 4 pillars of OOP.
- Object: An object is used to represent a real-life entity and it can be anything like a car, person, employee, or something abstract that contains certain properties and functions.
- Class: Class is the blueprint through which objects are created. They define the structure and functions of the objects. The class allows the creation of multiple objects of the same type without the need to repeat code.
- Method: A method is a collection of lines of code that perform a specific task. This could be as simple as printing to the console or performing complex calculations. They allow the reusability of code and save time.
The 4 pillars of OOP
- Abstraction: It is a property by which we hide unnecessary details from the user. For example, if a user wants to order food, he/she should only have to give order details and get the order acknowledgment, they do not need to know about how the order is processed internally or what mechanisms we are using. Abstraction does the work of simplifying the interface and the user only has to think about the input and output and not about the process.
- Encapsulation: Encapsulation is the process of binding the data with the code so that the data is not available externally or to unauthorized personnel. This is done by restricting access using access modifiers.
- Inheritance: Inheritance is the property by which a class is able to access the fields and methods of another class. The class inheriting these fields is called the subclass and the class whose fields are inherited is called the superclass. The sub-class can have additional fields and methods than those of the superclass. The purpose of inheritance is to increase code reusability and make the code more readable.
- Polymorphism: Polymorphism is the ability to have different methods with the same name but perform different tasks. It can be achieved through method overriding or method overloading. Method overriding is a subclass having a different implementation of the method than the parent class while method overloading is a function having different parameter types or number of parameters.
Beginners Level Python OOP Projects
- Hangman: Hangman is a guessing game in which you have some letters of the word visible and you have to guess the rest without making too many mistakes or you get hanged. The code is available here.
- Bank Account: A simple program to simulate your bank account with withdrawing and deposit functions. Code available here.
- Student Management: A simple project to display, search, add and delete new students. Click here to get the source code.
- Card Game: A simple care game in which each player can draw a card from the deck and the player with the highest card wins the game. Get the source code here.
Intermediate Level Python OOP Projects
- Hospital Management System: A Tkinter-based GUI app with SQL database for managing appointments. Check the complete code here.
- Tic Tac Toe: A single-player or multiplayer tic tac toe game using python. Click here to view the source code.
- Tetris: Get the full tutorial and source code for python implementation of Tetris game using pygame GUI here.
- Expense Tracker App: A python application for adding income, and expenses, viewing, and updating details like salary and expenses. Get the source code here.
Advanced Python Python OOP Projects
- Speed Typing Test: Create a useful python project for checking your type speed using pygame GUI. Complete tutorial and code are available here.
- Music Player: Create an mp3 music player in python with Tkinter GUI. Get the tutorial and source code link over here.
- Online Restaurant Food Ordering & Management System: A Django-based website that showcases the restaurant details and menu and is able to take orders, add offers and different items, and manage delivery. View the complete description and code here.
OOP implementation is not restricted to simple or basic python projects. They are used in designing complex projects using other technologies in python also like web development with Django, game development, and machine learning.
If you have any questions/doubts in mind, please use the comments below.
We hope this article on Python OOP Projects will help you.
Keep Learning, Keep Coding
- Sequel Programming Languages(SQL)In this article, we are going to learn about Sequel Programming Languages(SQL). Big enterprises like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, use SQL for storing the data in the back-end. So, If you want to get a job in the field of data, then it is the most important query language to learn. Before getting started, let…
- Run Python Code, Install Libraries, Create a Virtual Environment | VS CodeVisual Studio Code is one of the most efficient code compilers/interpreters. It is very promising because of the vast and widely available go-to extensions that help programmers. This article is an elaborative detail about how we can run Python code, install Python libraries, and create a virtual environment in Visual Studio Code. Write and Run…
- Calendar using Java with best examplesIn this article, we are going to learn how to code Calendar using Java. The calendar application is occasionally asked in interviews to be built by the candidate. If you are intermediate in Java, it helps to improve your coding skills also, it is interesting to make this application. Let’s get started! Calendar class in…
- How to make a Process Monitor in Python?In this article, we will build an application, Process Monitor in python using psutil. Python has a wide range of libraries and packages, which makes it the best choice for many developers. In the same way, we are going to make use of the psutil package to build our application, Process Monitor in Python. What…
- C++ Array AssignmentToday, we will learn C++ Array Assignment. We can assign multiple values to C++ Arrays. There are many ways you can initialize a C++ array. You can create different datatypes of arrays in C++ e.g. string, int, etc are the two most common types of C++ arrays that are commonly used. Today, we will see…
- Employee Management System Project in JavaIntroduction We are going to develop an Employee Management System Project in Java. This project is great for those who are at an intermediate level and want to advance their coding skills. We will be creating a GUI interface using the swing package. This will be a GUI-based program with MySQL as a database. Administrators…
- NxNxN Matrix in Python 3A 3d matrix(NxNxN) can be created in Python using lists or NumPy. Numpy provides us with an easier and more efficient way of creating and handling 3d matrices. We will look at the different operations we can provide on a 3d matrix i.e. NxNxN Matrix in Python 3 using NumPy. Create an NxNxN Matrix in…
- Calculator Program in Python | On Different IDEsWelcome to copyassignment.com. In this tutorial, we are going to write a simple Calculator Program in Python and run it on different IDEs of python for creating a calculator we are using the mathematical operators, functions, conditional statements, and handling of user input to create our calculator. In this tutorial, we are going to see…
- Naive Bayes in Machine LearningIn the Machine Learning series, following a bunch of articles, in this article, we are going to learn about the Naive Bayes Algorithm in detail. This algorithm is simple as well as efficient in most cases. Before starting with the algorithm get a quick overview of other machine learning algorithms. What is Naive Bayes? Naive Bayes…
- Lee Algorithm in Python | Solution to Maze Routing Problem in PythonIntroduction Definition: The Lee algorithm is one feasible solution for maze routing problems based on a breadth-first search. It always gives an optimal solution, if one exists, but is slow and requires considerable memory. We will learn Lee Algorithm in Python by Solution to Maze Routing Problem. The Lee algorithm has the properties of a)…