We all know that Python is a vast language that supports many libraries for almost every work we need to do. But, we should also practice OOP concepts in Python as these are the fundamental needs of industry-level projects. We should create Python OOP projects to get our hands dirty with Python OOP concepts. Today we will explore the most famous Python projects which can be developed with Python OOP concepts. But, before that, let’s get a brief introduction to OOP concepts in Python.
What is OOP?
OOP or object-oriented programming is a computer science model that revolves around the use of objects as basic entities in a program. The aim of OOP is that the data should not be accessible from outside the designated functions and also to reduce redundant or duplicate codes and provide an easy to use and simple interface for the users. OOP consists of Object, Class, Methods, and the 4 pillars of OOP.
- Object: An object is used to represent a real-life entity and it can be anything like a car, person, employee, or something abstract that contains certain properties and functions.
- Class: Class is the blueprint through which objects are created. They define the structure and functions of the objects. The class allows the creation of multiple objects of the same type without the need to repeat code.
- Method: A method is a collection of lines of code that perform a specific task. This could be as simple as printing to the console or performing complex calculations. They allow the reusability of code and save time.
The 4 pillars of OOP
- Abstraction: It is a property by which we hide unnecessary details from the user. For example, if a user wants to order food, he/she should only have to give order details and get the order acknowledgment, they do not need to know about how the order is processed internally or what mechanisms we are using. Abstraction does the work of simplifying the interface and the user only has to think about the input and output and not about the process.
- Encapsulation: Encapsulation is the process of binding the data with the code so that the data is not available externally or to unauthorized personnel. This is done by restricting access using access modifiers.
- Inheritance: Inheritance is the property by which a class is able to access the fields and methods of another class. The class inheriting these fields is called the subclass and the class whose fields are inherited is called the superclass. The sub-class can have additional fields and methods than those of the superclass. The purpose of inheritance is to increase code reusability and make the code more readable.
- Polymorphism: Polymorphism is the ability to have different methods with the same name but perform different tasks. It can be achieved through method overriding or method overloading. Method overriding is a subclass having a different implementation of the method than the parent class while method overloading is a function having different parameter types or number of parameters.
Beginners Level Python OOP Projects
- Hangman: Hangman is a guessing game in which you have some letters of the word visible and you have to guess the rest without making too many mistakes or you get hanged. The code is available here.
- Bank Account: A simple program to simulate your bank account with withdrawing and deposit functions. Code available here.
- Student Management: A simple project to display, search, add and delete new students. Click here to get the source code.
- Card Game: A simple care game in which each player can draw a card from the deck and the player with the highest card wins the game. Get the source code here.
Intermediate Level Python OOP Projects
- Hospital Management System: A Tkinter-based GUI app with SQL database for managing appointments. Check the complete code here.
- Tic Tac Toe: A single-player or multiplayer tic tac toe game using python. Click here to view the source code.
- Tetris: Get the full tutorial and source code for python implementation of Tetris game using pygame GUI here.
- Expense Tracker App: A python application for adding income, and expenses, viewing, and updating details like salary and expenses. Get the source code here.
Advanced Python Python OOP Projects
- Speed Typing Test: Create a useful python project for checking your type speed using pygame GUI. Complete tutorial and code are available here.
- Music Player: Create an mp3 music player in python with Tkinter GUI. Get the tutorial and source code link over here.
- Online Restaurant Food Ordering & Management System: A Django-based website that showcases the restaurant details and menu and is able to take orders, add offers and different items, and manage delivery. View the complete description and code here.
OOP implementation is not restricted to simple or basic python projects. They are used in designing complex projects using other technologies in python also like web development with Django, game development, and machine learning.
If you have any questions/doubts in mind, please use the comments below.
We hope this article on Python OOP Projects will help you.
Keep Learning, Keep Coding
- What is web development for beginners?
- What does if __name__ == __main__ do in Python?
- Python | CRUD operations in MongoDB
- CRUD operations in Django
- Install and setup Python in Windows 11
- Python Tkinter Button: Tutorial for Beginners
- Sequel Programming Languages(SQL)
- Run Python Code, Install Libraries, Create a Virtual Environment | VS Code
- Calendar using Java with best examples
- How to make a Process Monitor in Python?
- C++ Array Assignment
- Employee Management System Project in Java
- NxNxN Matrix in Python 3
- Calculator Program in Python | On Different IDEs
- Naive Bayes in Machine Learning
- Lee Algorithm in Python | Solution to Maze Routing Problem in Python
- Automate Data Mining With Python
- Support Vector Machine(SVM) in Machine Learning
- Python Increment By 1
- Vending Machine with Python Code
- Python Turtle Shapes- Square, Rectangle, Circle
- Python OOP Projects | Source code and example
- Happy Birthday In Binary Code
- AES in Python | Encrypt & Decrypt | PyCryptodome
- Make Minecraft in Python
- Battleship Game Code in Python
- Convert ipynb to Python
- Simple Atm Program in Python
- Python – Sort All Words In a File And Put It In A List – 3 Easy Method
- Python Docstring Generator | PyCharm and VsCode